Summer Camp 2021
Hopkinton Rec Summer Camp is designed for:
Hopkinton resident campers age 6 years (or have completed Kindergarten) -11 years
Registrations MUST be done in advance by close of business (4:30pm) the Thursday before the week your child is to attend. Payment is required at the time of making your online reservation. In certain circumstances and with advanced notice, the Recreation Department can assist you in setting up payment plans. You will need to contact the Recreation Office to assist in confirming your online reservation and arranging those plans. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Fees are set on a per week basis. There are no discounts or reduced rates for campers who attend less days. If you need scholarship assistance, please contact he Human Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org . Scholarship requests need to be made well in advance of the start of camp.
Weekly fees paid may be transferred if there is a need to switch weeks. Please contact the Recreation Dept. by phone or email immediately if this need arises. This MUST be done before the camper attends the Thursday before the needed week.
A full refund will be given if the Department receives notice at least two weeks prior to the event that the participant will not be attending. A 25% fee (from the total registration amount) will be assessed if the participant does not give two weeks' notice. There will be no refund given on the day of the event or any-time thereafter.
Immunization Records and most recent Physical must be submitted before your child can attend camp. Please drop off at the Town Hall or Slusser Center (Rec. Office) or mail to: Recreation Dept., 330 Main Street, Hopkinton, NH 03229. Please note that in most cases, this takes time to obtain. Please DO NOT wait until the last minute!
What Should Kids Bring To Camp?
1. Please remember to pack a lunch, 2 snacks, and drinks/water for your camper every day. Please use a cooler with ice packs as there is no refrigerator available.
2. Please pack a bathing suit and towel for your camper every day. (There are planned and un-planned beach visits as well as games/activities that involve getting wet!) Also, the camp staff cannot apply sunscreen to campers. This should be done in advance at home and sending them with protective spray is advised. Hats and swimming shirts are a fantastic idea!
3. Please pack sunscreen & bug spray to be used as needed by your camper throughout the week.
4. Campers must wear sneakers to camp each day. A rain coat is also needed this year! Some programs will be held outside even if it is a light rain.
5. Campers must wear a face mask at all times, except during snack and lunch time or during official “mask breaks” during the camp day.
6. Please leave all electronics at home. Our counselors will provide the entertainment!
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT DAILY ACTIVITIES & LOCATIONS
We will be using HMS as the base camp. Rec Camp will look a little different this year than in the past due to Day Camp guidance from the state. We plan to do a lot of walking and hiking throughout the week along many sections of the Greenway Trail, to the Kimball Cabins and to Kimball Pond. This year, we will not be going on field trips but will bring in special program leaders in art, science and nature. Your child should be prepared each day to hike, swim, play, etc. with all the necessary items they might need in their backpack.
KIMBALL POND BEACH DAY
We will alternate days/times that camp groups will go to Kimball Pond so that we do not exceed the social distancing rules. We will not be offering swim lessons this year.
HMS & CABIN ACTIVITIES
Campers will participate in arts & craft activities, social distanced games, playing on the playground. When we can eat outside, we will opt to do that.
Each week, we will have special guest leaders who will bring interesting and fun activities in art, science, and nature. We also will look for other interesting resources to come to camp from Hopkinton.
All who participate in summer camp will be required to sign a Covid waiver. All campers must successfully complete a Covid screening questionnaire at check in each day. We will do our best to encourage frequent hand washing, social distancing and mask wearing. The Staff will do their best to practice safer methods of operation recommended by the CDC including sanitation throughout the day. However, outside playground equipment, tables, etc. will not be sanitized and we will encourage hand washing in these cases. Should staff encounter challenges during these times, they will do their best to adapt to better meet needs. All parents need to prepare for this possibility of disruption to camp operations if quarantines are required. Keep in mind that state guidance may change, and we will do our best to adapt to those changes.
Questions?: email@example.com or (603) 746-8263.